Connect With Us

Linked In - Global View Investment Advisor Blog - Global View Facebook Investment Advisors - Global View Twitter - Global View RSS Blog Feed - Global View Investment Advisors Google Plus - Global View

Posts Tagged "Certified Financial Planners"

Currently Browsing Certified Financial Planners :

Certified Financial Planners“CFP and Certified Financial Planner marks are certification marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements. Those wanting to become a CFP professional must take extensive exams in the areas of financial planning, taxes, insurance, estate planning and retirement. Attaining the CFP designation takes experience and a substantial amount of work. CFP professionals must also complete continuing education programs each year to maintain their certification status.” – Investopedia

Quarterly Newsletter to the Public: Q2 2014

“People are asking me where the outlook is good, but that’s the wrong question… The right question is:  Where is the outlook the most miserable.’”  Legendary global investor John Templeton Executive Summary At the Morningstar conference in Chicago in June, some of the industry’s best and brightest were out sharing…

Read More

Thoughts of the Journey to Global View

As many of my friends and clients know, last year I decided to transition my career completely into financial planning.  Over the last few years, being a CPA I had more and more families and small business owners seeking help and advice as they worked through the financial crisis and…

Read More

The Importance of Time Horizon and Asset Buckets

“Financial Advising is a prescriptive activity whose main objective should be to guide investors to make decisions that serve their best interests.” Daniel Kahnemann Executive Summary This regular update is intended to be used as talking points with clients. People who have money have a long time horizon with most…

Read More

Maximizing Social Security

A Brief History The Social Security Act was written into law in 1935 as part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal. It is primarily funded through payroll taxes enacted in the Federal Insurance Contribution Act (FICA). Part of this is funded by the employer and part by the employee,…

Read More

2013 Year End Planning Checklist

. Although Halloween has yet to come and go, and Christmas is still far down the road (at least we like to pretend), we here at Global View have begun the arduous process of closing the books on 2013.  Time is clicking away for you as well to finish up…

Read More

Fee-based vs. Fee-only. Why does it matter?

Global View Investment Advisors is a fee-ONLY firm.  We are paid by our clients and ONLY by our clients.  While we may pay others for referrals, we will not accept payment for giving them.   “Financial Advising is a prescriptive activity whose main objective should be to guide investors to make…

Read More

Taking Action for Your Financial Future

According to an article published in Forbes “80% of financial planning recommendations don’t lead to action,” leaving only 20% implemented. Global View strives to have 100% of recommendations implemented. The first step Global View utilizes to achieve 100% implementation is to gain a full understanding of our client’s current financial situation through collaborative…

Read More